Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Friend's New Loafers

Last night I met a group of my guy friends for dinner before we headed to the Kennedy Center.  One of them, Dean, is quite a hunk.  He's in his forties, tall (about 6'2"), broad-shouldered, with a solid, muscular body. And he's got one of those faces that's text book handsome - square, dirty blond, mature and youthful at the same time.

When I arrived, I greeted my friends at the bar and Dean was wearing khakis, a blue and white checkered button collar oxford shirt, and a blue blazer.  But it was what he was wearing down below that really caught my attention...a pair a brown, full-strap loafers. They looked like Aldens or Brooks Brothers, but I could tell they weren't.


Allen-Edmonds "Westchester"


As we dined, I kept trying to figure out how I would capture a photo but, unfortunately, a suitable opportunity never arose.   After the performance was over and everyone was saying their goodbyes, I gave him a hug and, as casually as I could, said "I meant to tell you, I really like your shoes...what kind are they?"

"Oh. Thanks. They're Allen-Edmonds...they're new. First time I'm wearing them."

Of course I had to look them up as soon as I got home.  Since I couldn't get a photo of Dean's new loafers, we'll have to settle for the one above.

Not quite Alden or Brooks Brothers, but still pretty sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment