Monday, October 31, 2011

Trying On Some Tassels

If you've read about my dirty little secret  , then you know that I don't have an extensive loafer collection.  So when I unexpectedly found myself at the outlet mall with some friends last week, I had to check out the selection at the Johnston & Murphy outlet where found this pair of Deerfield tassel loafers at the clearance price of just $99.00!   I could tell by looking at the soles that they had been probably been worn once and returned.

I definitely got a thrill when I tried them on and saw how they looked. I really wanted them (such a bargain!), and tried to make them work but, unfortunately, the fit wasn't quite right and so, ultimately, I left them behind.

Maybe, deep down, it was because I felt that they would just be a cheap subsitute for the pair of Brooks Brothers or Aldens that I really want.






The fit on these 10 1/2 Bs....close, but no cigar!


5 comments:

  1. Very hot. Would have loved to sniff them after you took them off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the shoes did not work out. Were they too tight or too loose. Are you on your feet all day on your job or are you behind a desk? They looked real hot on you. Would love to see you shoeplay in those. Sock Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sock Hawk, there was an irritating pinch on the left side of the right shoe. Were it not for that, I probably would have bought them. They didn't have another pair in that size that I could try on, so I passed. As for my job, I'm behind a desk but, being in the city, I do quite a bit of walking so comfort is a factor for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you will find something. With all of your outside pictures I figured you did a lot of walking so I understand. I am a retired techer so I understand the need for comfortable shoes. I still sub and am on my feet a lot and shoes that hurt are awful. Good luck looking. Sock Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good hopefully you would find a comfortable fit.
    b27jay2000

    ReplyDelete