Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Preppy Men Turn Me On

When I was in college, back in the 80s, I loved seeing guys with bare feet in Sperry Topsiders. This was during the height of the preppy craze, so that meant lots of cuties on campus wearing boat shoes, Levi's 501s and Lacoste polo shirts with the collars up.


I still have a soft spot for the preppy look today.  And since Washington is full of political types and cute interns, it's not difficult to find.  Preppy guys still turn me on (even if the political views of some may clash with mine!)

6 comments:

  1. Amazing picture!

    I'm from the Boston area which is typically crawling with preppy types, especially when colleges like Harvard are in session. I love going to Harvard square and walking around gawking at the bare-ankled prepsters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pass. Nothing gets me than a fine man in dress clothes and shoes.
    If I were in my teens and 20's perhaps I'd look at preppy guys. Not now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, during the eighties, it was great to watch sockless guys slip off their boat shoes on a college campus. One could daydream about how their feet might smell....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed preps back in the 80's as a college student and also when I went to work in the Wall Street Area and in Midtown in NY. I sported the look myself by wearing my Brothers Brothers EVERYTHING all the time. The best part was wearing my loafers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a law student in Boston and literally all the guys at my law school dress like this. (I don't go to Harvard, more BU/BC). I love this look. Preppy men make my knees weak.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Preppy guys in Classic Bass Weejun penny loafers turn me on like crazy.I wear Weejuns with faded jeans ,white socks and sz 13 Burgundy Weejun penny loafers with shiney pennies.Love going to the Townhouse in NYC

    ReplyDelete