Thursday, September 1, 2011

Liking the Low Vamp




My fondness for Italian low vamps with thin soles dates back to the mid-80s, when I first acknowledged my attraction to loafers. I like them because they're sleek and show a bit more sock than some of the more traditional British or American styles.  And they seem easy to slip out of. They're not as popular as they were back then, but I still spot a pair every now and then...like today, when  I went out of my way to capture the pair pictured above.


What do you think of low vamps? Hot or not?

4 comments:

  1. Yes I remember when they were hot. Easy to slide off and we saw more of that in the 80's. The are hot maybe not as comfortable which explains why we saw them off more than nowdays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I remember them well, I wish we could still find them today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep an eye out and post photos if I happen to spot any!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since the 80s I have worn only Lorenzo Banfi low vamp moccasin style slip-ons with thin soles. But Banfi has suddenly disappeared from the web. Does anyone know what happened to it?

    ReplyDelete